Ann Witter – Winner of Volunteer of the Year in Buckinghamshire 2021
Many congratulations to Ann Witter who has deservedly been awarded Volunteer of the Year in Buckinghamshire 2021 as part of this year’s British Tennis Awards.
This award is made in recognition of the time and commitment (particularly in this very difficult year), she has, and continues to make, to the club. To give you some idea. her contribution to the club over the last year included;
- Managing ‘The Manage My Match’ (MMM) system for court booking for both tennis and squash members
- Volunteered to be the liaison with MMM to reduce the need for individual members to contact the company
- Helped to set up the MMM Track and Trace system
- Taking on the role of Tennis Membership Secretary
- Volunteering to help run the bar to reduce costs in 2020
- Team captain for the club’s 1st team mid-week Ladies teams in both the autumn and spring leagues
Alison, our ladies captain commented “She quietly sorts teams and everything else out, and kindly tries to make sure everyone else is happy – She is a true role model”. The author of this piece adds that he is personally really grateful for the help he has received from Ann in his role as a team captain, including providing the information needed to create his squad and resolving problems in using the MMM system to book courts for matches.
This award will come as no surprise to anyone who knows her and comes on the heels of Ann being awarded the Chesham Bois Tennis Club Keith Dewick Sportsmanship Award for 2020 last December.
The award presentation was scheduled for 20th April but is now delayed until later in the year, so sadly there is no photograph of the event yet.